September is National Preparedness Month. All this month, the Office of Public Health Preparedness will be spotlighting simple steps and tips to help you and your loved ones prepare in the event of an emergency. The new “Get Ready. Be Safe. Stay Healthy.” campaign encourages the whole community to work together to be more prepared. You can start doing your part to build a more resilient Boston by sharing this important information on Facebook and Twitter and taking the Pledge to Prepare.
Interested in learning more about how you can prepare yourself, your household, and your community for an emergency?
To celebrate National Preparedness Month and the launch of the “Get Ready. Be Safe. Stay Healthy.” campaign, the Office of Public Health Preparedness is organizing a FREE, all-ages community event at the Mildred Avenue Community Center in Mattapan. Join us in preparing our families, neighborhoods, and communities for a healthy and resilient Boston!
- When: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 1:00 – 4:00PM
- Where: Mildred Avenue Community Center, 5 Mildred Avenue, Mattapan, MA 02126
Here’s what you can expect to see at the event:
- FREE supplies for your emergency kits
- FREE health information
- FREE dental screening for children and adults
- Complimentary age- and weight-appropriate booster seats for children on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Learn CPR Anytime
- Learn how to create a Family Emergency Plan
This event is being hosted in partnership with Boston EMS, Boston Mayor’s Office of Emergency Management, Mattapan Food and Fitness Coalition, Mattapan United, Mattapan ABCD, Boston Centers for Youth and Families, Urban Public Safety Coalition, Greenovate Boston, and Mattapan Community Health Center.
For more information about “Get Ready. Be Safe. Stay Healthy.” campaign, click here!